Pushcut: Run shortcuts from push notifications - now with schedules and location triggers!

thanks!

I am currently adding schedule and location-based triggers to the app and expect to have a version out early next week.

iBeacons will not be included in the first round - but from what I saw basic support for them would be REALLY simple to include.

I will order some on amazon to play around with them - chances are I might add iBeacon support very soon (if I do not stumble over something unexpectedly complicated)

1 Like

Version 1.4 just hit the app store. Pushcut now has baked in support for scheduled and location-based offline notifications.

I really do believe this opens up Pushcut to a much wider audience - thank you automators forum for pushing me in this direction : )

I hope to extend this feature in the following days and weeks by

• adding iBeacon support (should be quick)
  • adding more conditions to local triggers (see below)
  • snoozing and offline scheduling via x-callback URLs

local trigger conditions:
I am thinking about stuff like “Every day 7.30 PM, but only when I am at home”, or “when I leave work, but only after 1 PM” or stuff like that). I have not seen this anywhere yet, but I know exactly how I can build it - should be fun ^^

5 Likes

Congrats on this release! Looks great!

A quick thought on next steps. I would be careful in advance of WWDC. Shortcuts is almost certainly going to be pushed further than its current state and I wouldn’t want your efforts to be Sherlocked.

Hard to be clairvoyant, of course, and I wouldn’t want to put the brakes on good momentum. Just something to consider!

2 Likes

thanks!

I can’t wait to see what WWDC will bring, not really worried though.
whatever is in store for us, I will do my best to add functionality and value around it ; )

1 Like

Congrats from me too!
That makes it a lot easier – and it works flawlessly! Thank you for your work! Great app!

1 Like

I am excited now! Those conditional triggers, oh my…

Thanks!!

1 Like

conditional triggers and iBeacon support are in and ready to go.
anything missing?

2 Likes