Yoink hidden gems

For those who many be discovering Yoink via the Automators Alfred episode (76: Automating with Alfred), I thought I’d mention that using the global shortcut for Yoink has two secret tricks (I use the heck out of the first one especially):
⇒ Long-press to restore previously removed files
⇒ double-press to save the clipboard’s contents
I use the hyperkey-Y to toggle Yoink: ⇧⌘⌥⌃-Y

1 Like

Hi @JoelAnderson, thanks to the developer of Yoink, it is also possible to move the Yoink clipboard (window) directly to the cursor. Not only with a 27 inch iMac a blessing.

However, I use this in combination with Keyboard Maestro and BetterTouchTool. Here are a few examples:

Video

1 Like

I appreciate the video, but since I’m not all that familiar with Yoink, I’m not sure what it’s actually showing me.

What does this feature allow you to do that would have been more difficult to do otherwise?

1 Like

@Tjluoma I work a lot with ScreenFlow 9 and there you can not copy and paste templates into the timeline.
Here is me Yoink, in conjunction with Keyboard Maestro just great help and saves me a lot of time. The advantage is that my template always appears at the cursor.

More in this Video

1 Like

Very clever implementation!

1 Like

Thank you @JoelAnderson :+1:

The idea for the workflow came to me when I was thinking about how to include screenshots in Yoink as well.
So I thought about how I could do the actions directly on the cursor. As a template I thought of something like the app PopClip.

Here are a few examples. The OCR/Translate action is done with Snagit 2021 ( ABBYY FineReader) and the online translator DeepL:

Video