Pushcut Server on M1

Hey all… I have been meaning to get into Pushcut for awhile but haven’t had a dedicated iOS device to use for it.

Now I have an M1 MacBook and wonder: can it run on that, since iOS apps can run on M1?

1 Like

That would be interesting: The restriction that the device has to be dedicated, while pretty close to true on iOS, might not be so necessary on a M1 Mac.

If so, that would make the Mac a more attractive place to run the Automation Server.

But I have to ask: What would you expect the server to be able to run? I don’t think, for example, you could run shortcuts.

I was assuming that the server would notify my iPhone, and the shortcut would run there.

Is that not how the Pushcut server works? I admit I haven’t looked into it because I haven’t had the opportunity to use it before now anyway.

If you mean the Automation Server, no. The shortcut runs on the Automation Server device.

(Perhaps @sliemeobn could comment on this.)

Well now that I think about it, that seems obvious.

Oh well. I guess I just need to buy another iPad!

(Narrator: “He does not need to buy another iPad.”)

Funny how the narrator’s voice sounds so much like my wife’s!

3 Likes

We’re waiting for the next iPad Pro shoe to drop. Meanwhile my 128GB original 12.9” iPad Pro just ran out of space… :slight_smile:

Apologies for opening an older thread but would running pushcut automation server on an M1 Mac running Monterey (i.e. having access to shortcuts) be a future possibility?

yes, the Pushcut developer commented on that on the following thread

1 Like

Brilliant thank you. Didn’t come across that when I searched.

Appreciate the reply

Is there an eta or has this happened already? I don’t see a Macos app or the iOS version available on the m1

hi, developer here! … with bad news…

things did not turn out as planned with an intern, I am 110 % busy with another project that I cannot divert any time from at the moment.

the sad thing is that it is technically all there and my vision for the app is totally clear… but I do not know when I can finally have a few concentrated days/weeks to push it out the door.

but maybe I’ll just hire someone to finish it - it really should exist by now… : (

4 Likes

Sorry to hear things didn’t turn out, but I’d much rather have something Done Right than something Done Quickly.

2 Likes

Ouch! What @Tjluoma said.

No need to be apologetic, fully agree with TJ and am sure it will be great once it’s out.

1 Like

@RosemaryOrchard i‘m sure somebody already asked, but i could not find it anywhere

with Pushcut being under a new management and all, is it still planned to come to the mac anytime soon? :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Would love an update on this also! Have been waiting ages for this

This is in active development (for macOS, not just M1 Macs); don’t have a release date yet, but hoping to have something out “soon”.

3 Likes

That would be totally transformative of the way I use PushCut. Good luck with the continuing development of it.

1 Like

Waiting for beta version to arrive on TestFlight. Do you have a mailing list that would notify users when this build might be ready?

This will be one of the venues where we announced the public TestFlight. We don’t currently have a mailing list, but this is something we’re considering for the future.

3 Likes