Is there a way to create a shortcut on my phone for quick messaging through apps?

You know, when you share a link through a text message via an app, it gives you the message filled in and makes you choose who to message. (Especially on apps when you invite somebody for a trial, with a code)

Is there a way to create such a shortcut on my phone? With the click of one button, you have an input field of a message to someone. This way, you can message someone without opening the app and seeing all the other messages you may not want to attend to right now.

So, to be more precise, I click a button, it gives me the option to input a message and choose the recipient without opening the app.

Welcome to the forum @szfkamil

This Shortcut does what you are after. You can save it to your home screen to give an icon to tap to run it.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

I did that. Is there a way to do this for other messenger apps such as WhatsApp, Telegram, Messenger (Facebook)?

That simply depends on what the app supports via Shortcuts. Broadly, it is possible, but technically it will vary by app. Take a look at each app in Shortcuts for what messaging options it provides.

2 Likes