Getting an alert from Eve plug when washer stops

I am trying to figure out how to set up an alert to notify us when our washer stops. I’ve heard others mention that they have set up something similar, but I haven’t found anything explaining how they managed it. I have the washer plugged into an Eve Energy F483 plug.

Have you read the previous posts relating to this topic?

Thanks for the links, I’ve read them both. Neither of them discussed what I was looking for. I was looking for a way to get an alert when the washer stops drawing power/power draw drops below a certain level. A standard timer won’t work because we use different wash levels/cycles, so they run different times.

In the first thread, there is a particular note about the variation in power draw during a washing cycle, and the use of an Eve plug with tumble dryers. This second point includes a link out to another thread where Rosemary notes the issues she had because of over loads on an Eve plug (using a tumble dryer and a washing machine) and in terms of monitoring that an idle point in a wash cycle approximated zero power in terms of distinguishing when power draw had finished. A significant issue when using an Eve plug, or most others I would imagine.

The most reliable solution so far seems to have been timer based, hence the second topic’s inclusion. But note the points in the first topic about some washing machines estimating rather than calculating times.

My washing machine actually turns itself off when finished, (and has an accurate timer calculated at the start) but replacing a washing machine is not the cheaper option unless you are switching to also get a significantly more power efficient machine.

What if your timer was non-“standard”? What if there were some smarts like Home Assistant behind it that allowed you to specify different periods, or just some sort of smarter timer plug that allowed you to have on option for durations of power on periods?