Ebay Auction End Date Added to Google Calendar Shortcut

Hello everyone. Here is a shortcut that I created to take the end date of an ebay auction and add it to your Google Calendar.

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/f1eb5584036e431cbf25f3e0c0498b63

The shortcut must be run through the share sheet, while viewing an auction in Safari. So you can’t be in the ebay app on your iPhone or iPad, you must be viewing the auction through Safari!

The first time you run the shortcut, Google is going to want to verify your identity, from there on out you should be good to go.

This does not work with Buy It Now listings.

The reason I went to all the trouble of adding the auction end to my Google Calendar instead of the easier path of just adding it to the iPhones Calendar, is that I have been using an AppleScript to accomplish this same task for years, and that is how I felt comfortable creating the calendar event!

Please test it out and let me know what you think!

Thanks!
Chris

1 Like

hi - Chris, I found your shortcut and tried to run it with eBay in open tab. Unfortunately got an error per screenshot.

I would love to get this working and understand more about automation…
Thanks,
Zee

Yeah Ebay changed the formatting of their site. I will have to look at it again when I have some time.

hi - thanks for reply. all the best.

Here is an updated version of the Shortcut. Run it the first time from the shortcuts app in order to set your UTC timezone offset number, then allow it to be shown on the share sheet. Run it from the share sheet when you have an Ebay AUCTION open in Safari. Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the shortcut.

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/d3017e0203df4f45b613ccc908ccc308

Just tried this today and cannot get it to work. It does not seem to find any auction ending time.

Hi @GinaROARS ,

I just tried the shortcut on my phone and it worked fine. Can you send me an example URL of what you are trying to use the shortcut with so I can test it on my end?

Thanks.

1 Like