Coming Soon: LaunchCuts for iOS - A powerful, customizable, and elegant launcher for your shortcuts

Also the ability to filter by icon and color, new features since the initial beta, give you more flexibility in organizing your shortcut collection.

For instance, if you were to group all of your HomeKit-related shortcuts using the Home, Lightbulb, or Bed icons, you can create a smart folder in LaunchCuts to filter on just those three icons.

Same with color. If all of your in-process/development shortcuts are gray, create a smart folder for that color.

For anyone else who runs into this: install a shortcut from the gallery and run it a few times (once should do it). That should ā€œunlockā€ the preference.

1 Like

That is exactly what Iā€™ve done. Iā€™ve groomed and cleaned up my shortcuts to assign a category by color (in development, active, obsolete, function, example, etc) and then icons by type (eg, music, video, photography, web, food, beer, maps, weather, etc).

With the filter by icon and color I can easily find shortcuts of interest.

Iā€™m still fiddling with tags. Currently I have tags for shortcuts that leverage an API, call Scriptable, or have embedded JavaScript. Not sure how useful that will be.

Finally, to help with the former, I created this simple Shortcut to search the ā€œsource codeā€ for occurrence of certain values. eg, ā€œjavascriptā€ or ā€œscriptableā€. Useful if you want to get a list of all shortcuts that have some common internal attribute. ā€” jay

2 Likes

I will update the Setup screens to include this case.

Oh, I thought the helper shortcut was untrusted (and thus only ran that one).

This looks pretty amazing! I was just about to go through and come up with a naming scheme for my shortcuts to help categorize them all but this seems to make it unnecessary. Eagerly waiting for it to be released!

The advantage of still using a naming convention is when you are in other apps that donā€™t offer these options.

E.g.

• Shortcuts - user interface and actions selecting a shortcut permitting search.
  • PushCuts.

I donā€™t plan on moving away from my own convention any time soon, and the include name in search option for tags that LaunchCuts has meant I was immediately able to make even more use of the conventions I had in place. The app is in fact primed for those already using naming conventions.

But even if you are not using naming conventions currently, I would certainly recommend that people at least consider it. LaunchCutsā€™ in-shortcut tagging doesnā€™t negate the cross-app benefits such an approach otherwise provides, but not every user would necessarily need or get the benefit from the approach.

LaunchCuts is now in the app store.