Call when Driving Automation?

Hi, is it possible to do the above on iPhone?

I use this when driving as I only use wireless charging when driving. The Bixby Routine ensures that I can accept/decline a call using the cars Bluetooth controls without having to touch the screen.

Is there a reason you don’t connect to your car’s Bluetooth by default when you drive? I.e. rather than at the point of an incoming call?

Shortcuts will allow you to use an automation on charging to turn Bluetooth on/off, but not based on what type of charging.

But you can potentially also use an NFC tag, or maybe even an iBeacon powered by the car (e.g. via Pushcut) to trigger the enabling/disabling of Bluetooth.

Is there a reason you don’t connect to your car’s Bluetooth by default when you drive? I.e. rather than at the point of an incoming call?

Hi, yes this is because I quite often use the cars radio (DAB) and use the Satnav on the phone using the phones internal speaker. I am unable to use both inputs through the cars audio system simultaneously. So the above setup usually means that any call I receive can be taken when I have one incoming.

Could you explain to me how an iBeacon would work?

TIA

First, you might want to listen to the iBeacons episode.

Then maybe the episode with Simon and Pushcut in particular, though you may not get much on iBeacons specifically after listening to the previous episode.

In this thread post, Tony references how he does the automated triggering with a USB iBeacon plugged into a socket in the car. Such beacons are typically available through a variety of online retailers, I have a couple of different ones myself.

Hope that helps.