Automate Checkie for Swarm?

I use the third party app Checkie in order to check in at different venues daily. Checkie is a faster derivate of Foursquare Swarm, however Checkie has the advantage of being ready for Siri Shortcuts.

Here’s what I would like to do: On my way to work, I’m passing four different venues and want to check in at them all at once with one voice command. Is there a way I could manage this in a Shortcut with Checkie? I’ve tried to create my own Shortcut and just stack my check-ins in Shortcuts, but the resulting Shortcut will only open Checkie and the venue, but not check in.

Needless to say, I’m really a beginner, so sorry in advance for the really low level and thanks in advance.

(Yes, I’ve seen the excellent @marc Gordons posts and Bumblebee Shortcut, but I guess I’m too much of a n00b to get it to work.).

There are two ways that the Siri Shortcuts from apps can be implemented. One way is via Intents which allows them to run in the background. A good example of this is the way Overcast implements it. The other way of implementing it simply takes the user to a screen within the application. Unfortunately this seems to be the way that Checkie has implemented it.

If you want to have a truly hands free interaction for checking in, I don’t think you’ll be able to achieve it with Checkie at this stage.

What you want to achieve is possible with my Bumblebee Shortcut. If you’re willing to try setting it up again and having some issues with it, then let me know what you’re stuck on and I’ll do my best to help you get it setup and working.

1 Like

Thanks @marc! I’ll give the Bumblebee shortcut another go. I might get back to you … :slight_smile: Allt the best!