once I made a Shortcut to show the in-app purchases of some apps. As soon as I’ve found Scriptable, I started to transfer the Shortcut to it because it was fetching the information a lot faster than Shortcuts. I’ve also extended it to show the last price, if it has changed.
It is pretty easy to use it:
- Share an app from the AppStore or with 3D Touch on the icon of the app on the homescreen with this script and it will be added to your personal list of apps that is stored in iCloud
- Run the script to show the prices of each app
- To remove an app from the list, run the script, check the checkbox at the top of the result view, click “Done” and a list of your apps with it’s icon, name and current price will be shown. Tap on an item to select it and press “Done” at the top left to remove the selected apps
It can also run in notifications, where it only displays the changes in prices! Just schedule some notifications in the script settings and you’re good to go!
This script can only handle apps from AppStore for now!
To download it, either copy it’s contents into the old script replacing everything, or use my Import Script for Github Gists script
If there is any bug, please report it and I like reading comments that you are using it or you learned something from it
I’ve changed the script to use your local AppStore and not the one from Austria.
I’ve updated the script to fix an error if an app was removed from the AppStore. Price changes can now also be reset.
Yet another edit
I’ve fixed requiring a not needed module
Fixed error “can’t find variable chooseItems”
- Added tracking of updates, has to be enabled
- Added a summary view in the app that only displays the changes
- Fixed a bug that prevented adding new apps as Apple has changed their API slightly.
- Fixed a bug so you could add the same app multiple times
Added a check to only allow the addition of apps
Fixed error when making too many in-app API requests
Add option to disable tracking of in-app purchases
Save data more often to not loose any