Zapier runs multiple times for same trigger

This one is annoying because my Zapier plan has a limit on the number of times it can run per month. Here’s what’s happening: I have a Patreon account and a Zapier zap that triggers on New Member Pledge. One of the actions is that it sends a message to a specific Slack channel. However, every time I get a new member pledge, there are least two and sometimes three messages generated, the first one or two with zero as the pledge amount and the last with the actual pledge amount.

I’ve checked my Zapier task history and it is indeed running multiple times, not just outputting the message multiple times in one run. My assumption is that this is a bug in Patreon’s implementation of the Zapier API. Thoughts or suggestions?

I know this is years old but did you ever figure this out? because it’s 4 years later and this error is showing up still in my patreon zaps.

Nope, sadly, it still does it. It must be a quirk of the Patreon API. I think it triggers on the creation of the Patreon follow and then again on the completion of the pledge itself.