Widget Examples

thanks, I have fixed those now. @bottecla, you’ll need to re-download the module and try again.

1 Like

@rob, If you would like to get rid of the leading zero, JavaScript is your friend:

('0'+minutes).slice(-2)

See my widget as well (lines 159 and following).

Can you please explain that code?

I think it takes care of adding a leading zero, not removing it?

Yes, it adds a leading zero. Did I understand you wrong? Try it on your browser console, for example:

new Date().getMinutes().toString().slice(-2)

or even simpler:

('0'+"02").slice(-2)
// "02"
1 Like

Did I understand you wrong?

Looks like that; I want “7:24” instead of “07:24” (remove the trailing zero from the hours).

toLocaleTimeString should do this when using option “numeric” (instead of “2-digit”), but I still get the leading zero (bug in Scriptable/iOS?).

There’s a DateFormatter object in Scriptable that you could use.

1 Like

Yes, that works.

Getting the layout right is even more important now…

Tips?

Do you format the hour and minute separately? It looks kind of weird like this. I’d go for “7:15” and “17:15”, no leading space. Then right align by putting a spacer in front.
However, digits in this font differ in width, I believe. So the result might still be a bit in jagged.

Do you format the hour and minute separately?

Yes, in an attempt to align the colons…

(and to use a slightly less bright color for the colons)

Because the font is proportional, I think that you would have to treat each digit (converting leading zeros to nothing/spaces) as a separate element and align them centrally in each column to have each digit align with the corresponding digit vertically.

So for an “hh:mm” format, that would be five characters and so five columns.

If you could switch to a fixed width font, then three columns for the time, due to the difference in the colon colouration, should be sufficient.

1 Like

Right, it should be possible to use a monospaced font like so

label.font = new Font("Courier", 18);
// @see http://iosfonts.com

Courier is really ugly.
And traditionally, many fonts used equal-width digits exactly to make them fit for purpose in tabular environments:

So maybe using Helvetica (Neue) or so would help in this context. No mono-spaced font necessary.

1 Like

Using Helvetica Neue (and keeping the trailing zero for hours) it looks better indeed!

If I could find a way to properly align the SF symbols with the text I would call it done.

Hey eqsOne,

thanks for trying :).

BR
gentlel

Often when I wake the phone I get the error below.
Does anybody have an idea to why?

This is a pretty silly question, but has anyone managed to put a border around a widget, like in WidgetSmith? I’m trying this, but without any luck:

let widget = new ListWidget()
 widget.backgroundColor = Color.white()
 widget.borderWidth = 8
 widget.borderColor = Color.black()

based on the documentation, ListWidget doesn’t have any border-related properties & methods, it’s the WidgetStack that has those.

1 Like

Thanks, @supermamon, that explains it!

Where do you define the variable utcTime?

These are the 2 only lines containing the variable utcTime

// In the 30min before/after, use dawn/twilight.
  if (closeTo(sunrise)<=45 && utcTime < sunrise) { return gradient.dawn }
  if (closeTo(sunset)<=45 && utcTime > sunset) { return gradient.twilight }

So maybe it is not declared earlier.
It is a modified version of this https://github.com/mzeryck/Weather-Cal/blob/12458704822c67017ff9f83e6ab5530371a6f75a/weather-cal.js from @mzeryck