What does everyone recommend for a smart lock?

Thinking about grabbing one for an exterior door. I’d like it to work with Alexa and HomeKit. And ideally be accessible from Shortcuts, but that’s not a dealbreaker.

What do you guys recommend? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Our house has been using the Schlage Sense for several years. It’s gotten better with each software revision and only requires me to change the battery every once in a while. It is Bluetooth connected so it’s best to have a HomeKit hub near by if using HomeKit.

1 Like

Thx! I appreciate it. Might start looking around at them after Christmas.

We’ve got a pair of Vocolinc Smart Locks and I really like them. Fully Homekit compatible and have used Shortcuts Homekit scenes to autolock & unlock. It’s also nice to tell Siri to unlock the door when I’m tied up and can’t unlock it for somebody at the door.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QGF8TN8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1&fpw=alm

1 Like

Let me see if I’ve understood this properly …

A “smart” lock is one that can be hacked into by a smart kid ?
or just by a kid who’s been shopping on the dark web ?

I use the Yale Assure Lock SL with the August Network module and have been very happy with it. Very reliable and has worked every single time which is important for a smart lock. You can use a 9V battery to unlock it from the outside if the batteries inside ever go flat (which it’s unlikely to ever go flat as they give you lots of warning)

1 Like

I like my August lock, but my wife doesn’t like what it looks like. I am thinking about the new level.co bolt

1 Like