Using shortcuts to get Calendar events

I’m trying to get events from a particular calendar and placing them in a document ready for printing.

I’m a teacher and would like to print a social with my lessons for the day where I can write some notes of what I have planned.

Is this possible with shortcuts?

In general, yes. But the crux of this comes down to what you mean by “document”. Where do you want to edit your notes?

1 Like

As long as it’s editable the document can be on any app. Apple notes for example.

Take a look at this Events Summary Example I put together.

It fetches today’s events from my test calendar (modify this to match your preferred calendar), iterated through each of the events it finds and pulls out some example details of those events. You would modify the line in the loop that builds the event lines to include the data you are actually interested in.

The list of resulting information is then combined into a text block along with some sample headings. Finally this is used to create a new note.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

This is perfect. many thanks for the help!!

I’m trying to get this so I can pull my events for the day and send them to myself in a text message every morning but it says I can’t connect to gallery !

Lots of issues have been reported with downloading Shortcuts shortcuts today. You’ll see mentions on this forum if you look at the recent posts.

Seems like a global outage
I’m in india an am facing the same issue as of this moment

Just amazing was able to make an automation using your input