Upload photos to Smugmug (Web or app)

I’d love to be able to use Shortcuts (or some other method) to upload a batch of edited photos to Smugmug, my photo host of choice. I have a shortcut for taking a Smugmug gallery and posting it to my Wordpress site — but I currently have to export my edited photos OUT of Mobile Lightroom to my photos on the iPad, then turn around and re-upload those photos to Smugmug. In the process, I’m left with two copies of those photos on my iPad (pre-Lightroom and post-Lightroom).

Lightroom does let me access the share sheet when I export, so I could use a Shortcut — if it were possible. In addition to a Smugmug app, there’s also a website, but I’m not sure how that would work.

Am I stuck waiting for Smugmug to build this functionality, or is there a way around it?

Smugmug has an API that uses OAuth for personal data access (which presumably is what uploads fall under). It may be you can take advantage of this approach to create a Shortcuts based solution.

I’ve been trying to figure this out but I have no experience with API calls. Their tutorial did get me to the point that I can retrieve the contents of a gallery, but I’m stuck at the point of trying to figure out which tokens go where to authorize a request.