Trello Automation

I use Trello for a weekly planner that I have with lists:

• Today
  • Done
  • Monday
  • Tuesday
  • Next week
  • Later

In the “Next week” list I have some recurring tasks that happen, like the meta task of planning my week. This starts by creating tasks and assigning them to a day. I have a few labels that I apply with different meanings:

• 1, 2, or 3+ pomodoro cycles (how long I expect it to take)
  • Some high level labels if they’re for work or otherwise
  • some other classification of the task (administrative, training, billable, etc.)

I’d like to be able to apply some automation at the list level. For instance, if I create a task for Monday, automatically assign the appropriate due date, or if I place it in the Done list, mark the task as completed.

Has anyone done anything like this?

I haven’t played around with it but it sounds like what you’re looking for could be solved through zapier. This link gives a few triggers and demos what could be done. Hopefully it points you in the right direction. Let us k ow how it works out.

I’d like to be able to apply some automation at the list level. For instance, if I create a task for Monday, automatically assign the appropriate due date, or if I place it in the Done list, mark the task as completed.

I recommend checking out the Butler Power-Up. It was originally developed by a third-party developer and was acquired by Trello last year.

You’ll find a short tutorial here:

2 Likes

That is exactly what I am looking to do. Thanks!

1 Like

You’re very welcome. Good to hear this was helpful!