Sorry, It is My Fault

It used to be startups during the Dotcom Bubble… I would finally sign up for direct deposit… and then they would go out of business. Then it was declaring my favorite foods… and they would be gone from the menu.

I signed up for Automators Max… and now the show is over.

I apologize.

Now, sincerely, what about having guest hosts from the audience? Or temporary hosts? I would do it. My flavor of automation is very different because it is more the focus of my job, but I wouldn’t mind it.

2 Likes

I think if it was one host stepping down, that might be an interesting option. However, with both hosts stepping back, it would be like swapping out both lead characters on a TV show at the same time. Not to say it couldn’t be an option, just that there could be a lot of creative and directional challenges without someone as the anchor - and it if isn’t Rosemary or David, then would it really be a continuation of the same show, or would it be something different?

Obviously, from what they shared on the most recent episode, time is the issue, but maybe there are options that they and Relay might consider. I am certainly going to miss the show, and if I can think of any, then I will be submitting them via the Automators feedback form for Relay to consider - I would suggest posting this one there too.

David did say on the episode, and when we were speaking after recording a recent MPU episode, that he hopes to include more Automators-style content in MPU shows (not every show, just some). A way to continue the legacy I guess. But maybe there’s room for something else? A progeny rather than a continuance.

2 Likes