My grandparents are in their 90s, and lately, they’ve had trouble remembering when they’ve taken their medication. This became more problematic recently when my grandmother broke her ankle, and they need to track when she takes pain medication. My parents and my aunt are trying to track it with a pad and paper, but that has been unreliable. I think there could be a way to install a smart button in their medicine cabinet that they press whenever they take their meds, even if it’s only used when my grandmother takes her pain medication.
So I’m looking for a solution that fits the following criteria:
- Simple push button with internet connectivity, single press is fine, dual function preferred, but not more.
- They have a Google Assistant already, so that could be integrated.
- Could integrate with an online log that my aunt and parents could check.
- They have iPhones, but integrating that into the workflow is NOT a good idea. (However, using an app for setup is fine, of course. My dad could set up everything fine for them, but they couldn’t use it for the regular tracking.)
- Cost isn’t a major concern, but spending $200 for a button, hub, etc is probably not going to happen.