Siri Shortcut to download youtube video as audio

Does anyone have a link to a shortcut that can download YouTube videos as an audio file that can be played in the Music.app?

Check out https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/7b9c44190ace447baf7f0575e651068d You may need to modify it a bit. By default it saves to a specific folder on iCloud.

2 Likes

I get these errors:

This doesn’t look like a YouTube link

“No URL-adress given”

You can’t just run the shortcut within Shortcuts. You have to share the video URL via the share sheet to the shortcut.

1 Like

To do the full conversion you need a Mac to add the downloaded video to GarageBand and cut out the video track. Once that file is saved and imported to iTunes it goes to Music.

1 Like

Thanks. Yeah. I figured out that I can’t really use this shortcut and then add it manually to iTunes without using a Mac :blush:

First post so sorry if it’s irrelevant. I am still trying to find out if I am posting on the right page and not one that’s really old but I think I can help with this as I have made a few shortcuts that can save the audio of YouTube URL passed through shortcuts and then save it to either iCloud or internal storage or camera roll. I don’t know if you want to get it saved to iTunes but it doesn’t need to be to be played on iOS with shortcuts playing it anyway. If I am wrong then I apologise and will hopefully get the hang of this soon!

1 Like