Siri shortcut: Getting the time, run action if later then 22:00, run another before 22:00?

Hi, I want to make a Siri Shortcut that checks a web site. The content is changed in the evening but the URL is easy to parse with only the date changing at the end. That part I have done. BUT, if I run the shortcut in the morning, I want it to be the current date, and if I run it late in the evening I want it set the next day. Its a workout site which is updated daily. I can get the time, but I don’t know how to compare it with 22:00.
Thanks for any advice!

You can use a custom date format to do this.

Here’s a start, you should be able to use this and just fill in your own actions.

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/3c418b9a53d74d878e84f80911c75fd8

Just realized I used “HH” out of habit (for zero padding, e.g. “08” instead of just “8”) but just “H” makes more sense here.

1 Like

Thanks @martijnengler, I had figured that part also, what I don’t get is when I calculate the date, it gives me a number for the month that has nothing to do with anything. I have to format the date as mm-dd-yyyy. When I run the shortcut, it gives me something like 58-25-2018, which makes no sense. I tried to get the date a second time and modify that date with the Adjust date, then use a magic variable from Adjusted date in custom format. So it’s something with the adjust date that messes my date, but I don’t know what exactly.

mm is the minutes. MM is the month.

For reference, here’s the complete overview: http://unicode.org/reports/tr35/tr35-31/tr35-dates.html#Date_Format_Patterns

Good catch @sylumer, I thought the MMM was for the first 3 letters, but didn’t think about the upper case vs lower case.

It now works, thanks guys!

Thanks for the shortcut!
But in my phone(iOS14), the menu in “script” - “If” - “Formatted Date” only has options like “Is” “Not include” “Start With”, it doesn’t have “Smaller than” or “Larger than”.
I downloaded your shortcut and it says “Smaller than” but I clicked it the options still have no “Smaller than”, I wonder how you input that into it, or is it the limit of the newer iOS?
Thanks again!