Siri not listening for menu answer?

Hi

I’ve created a simple script that runs fine when manually clicking the play button within IOS Shortcuts but when running the shortcut with Siri, I have to say “Hey Siri” again to answer the menu item.

Example:

“Hey Siri?”

Mmm

“Tell me the price of this item?”

Which one?

I now have 2 options

•Bread

•Milk

Now I need to say “Hey Siri” again then say “Bread” or “Milk” to answer it. Ideally I would like it to be a natural conversation like:

“Hey Siri?”

Mmm

“Tell me the price of this item?”

Which one?

•Bread

•Milk

“Bread”

£1.59

How do I get Siri to listen to my menu answer?

I notice there is “Ask for input” within IOS Shortcuts but I can’t get that to work with a menu

You can use Choose From Menu, or Choose From List.

Heres an example of one way you could do it https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/9ff431ece58c426ba1ab43a9eb126ba9

Hi

I’m using choose from list at the moment but Siri doesnt listen for my answer. The choices pop up, I can manually tick them or I can say hey Siri followed by my answer but saying hey Siri everytime I want to select from a menu seems quite tedious. I also don’t want to manually click it everytime. I want to be hands free and simply answer Bread or milk when it asks.

I’ve not looked at your link yet as I’m on my phone so I’ll take a look when I’m back on my iPad shortly

Choose from list does listen for replies without saying hey siri at least on a phone, if its not listening for a response then maybe its a bug, maybe try a restart.

Oh ok. I did think it was strange.

I only got the iPad the other week and because it’s not in main use yet, I went ahead and installed the beta version of iPadOS 14 so I didn’t get use to an old os.

It must be a bug in that then but I will try a restart anyway and see if that works.

Thanks