I’ll admit I’m stumped.
I’m trying to export from MindNode as Markdown and then adjust the text it creates. That works fine.
I want to:
- Pick a folder - including probably creating a new one - on my Mac’s disk.
- Write the Markdown file to a freshly-named file in that folder.
- Write a make file that refers to the Markdown file into the same folder.
(Optionally, open both files in BBEdit.)
The idea is I can go from a mind map to the infrastructure necessary to use mdpre and md2pptx to create a PowerPoint presentation. I call the idea “instant presentations” as it removes a lot of friction in writing a presentation (for me).
Anyhow, I’m running into problems:
- I don’t know how to get a prompt up for a directory that includes the (often used) “create new directory” button.
- I don’t know how to get a prompt for a file to save to, having retrieved that directory name (or at any rate being positioned in that new directory).
- I don’t know how to write to that freshly named file (nor how to retrieve its name).
- I don’t know how to copy boilerplate text files -
standard.cssinto that directory.
I’ve spent a lot of time searching the web and looking in the Shortcuts app - and I’m getting nowhere.
I have to believe the problems above are ones others need solved.
(On portability, it might not be realistic to port to iOS / iPad OS - though I’ve proven the MindNode Export works on iPad OS.)