Shortcuts Notifications in iOS 14

I’ve been tinkering with the new beta and adding some time-based shortcut triggers for home automation. One thing I didn’t like was getting notifications each time the automation was running on the iPad, but I noticed that “Shortcuts” is not listed in the notification preferences in iOS 14.

There is a workaround though, if you use screen time to look at notifications received by app, you can sneak into this setting. I’m not sure if this will get fixed before release or removed as an option, but I thought I would share it with others who are interested.

2 Likes

For those who are interested, my main use case was a set of Hunter Douglas Blinds in our kitchen. Late in the afternoon the sun can be blinding in the room, but I prefer the shades up if the weather is overcast. This automation checks the weather and decides whether to lower the shades or not :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Have you sent in feedback on this missing feature? Might be good to do so.

Good suggestion and I did actually. Hopefully they give it a proper place in settings and don’t take away my workaround :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There is a workaround though, if you use screen time to look at notifications received by app, you can sneak into this setting.

On iOS 14.0.1 I do see that the Shotcuts App generated 15 notifications, but I don’t see a way to sneak into a setting for notifications.

How do/did you do that?

If you tap on the offending app while looking at the number of notifications, you’ll end up on the notification settings page.

1 Like

Thank you for the screenshots!

I did not scroll down far enough…

1 Like