Shortcuts crashes when adding dictionaries to Get Contents of URL – Is this just me?

I am attempting to use shortcuts to create a record in Airtable. I select the block “Get Contents of URL.” The URL is my Airtable database. I choose “post” as my method, add my Airtable API key in the header, and add a dictionary to the body. For Airtable to work, the name of the dictionary must be “fields.” I then try to add keys and values to the “fields” dictionary and Shortcuts crashes immediately on the Mac with a “Shortcuts quit unexpectedly” error. The behavior is stranger on iOS. When I attempt to add keys and values, they become arrays (I think?) with each letter of the key as a separate entry. This behavior is repeatable – the same thing happens the same way every time.

Is it just me? Is anybody else seeing this? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

1 Like

Nope It is not just you its a really bad bug that needs to be fixed :crossed_fingers::man_facepalming::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Thank you! I was getting that “I don’t know what I’m doing and I must have broken something” feeling. I did find a work-around though. If I make the dictionary first, then add the keys and values outside of the dictionary, then drag the keys and values into the dictionary (a line appears to show that it is moving into a sub-menu), everything seems to work. I’m not saying this is good, but it is functional.

This seems to be fixed in iOS 16.4 :blush:

Installing that right now! Thank you!