Shortcuts Beta can be requested by developers

That’s also my understading, but can it co-exist with workflows? Or will it overwrite workflows?

They coexist, but workflows are only imported once, they don’t sync between the apps.

1 Like

It does not overwrite them, but as was already, they are just ported when you first install the app. After that you can youse both apps, but new workflows are not synced with Shortcuts, you would have to manually recreate them.

1 Like

Thanks!! Assume both will interact with launchers such as Launch Centre Pro…?

Nothing changes for Workflow and I think David Barnard confirmed on Twitter that Shortcuts work with Launch center Pro

3 Likes

I would love a Mac version.

1 Like

So Workflow updated today to Shortcuts, but the beta version of Shortcuts is also still installed…

Apparently they have different bundle ID’s?

(That has never happened for any of the Apps I tested via TestFlight before)

I have seen it happen once before, but it’s not a regular thing that’s for sure!

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but it seemed the best place: I have an Apple Dev account and requested Testflight access to the Shortcuts 2.2 beta 2 and beta 3. In each case, I have received a notification that I was given access. However each time, I clicked the email link to take me to TestFlight and, on “arriving” I got a “Build no longer available” pop up. I have a radar in on this (at the suggestion of Apple Dev Support), but am wondering if anyone else has had this issue and gotten it resolved. After listening to David and Rose on the most recent Automators, I am anxious to jump in (though it will probably drop by Monday anyway). Also don’t want this to happen for the I’m sure upcoming 3.0 beta!

Thanks!

I don’t have a dev account, but was on the previous beta (presumably grandfathered in from the Workflow beta), and I keep being invited to the latest beta … but get the exact same thing as you. I figured it was just the machine catching up with me not being registered as a dev, and I had nowhere to report it, but maybe I’ve got the same underlying issue as you.