Shortcut to set/unset call forwarding

I’m looking to create shortcuts to set and unset call forwarding to an alternate fixed number but cannot find an action in Shortcuts to do this. Manually toggling the call forwarding setting on the phone, I have re-enter the ‘forward to’ number each time and am looking to automate this. The manual steps are: Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding > toggle on and enter the number of another phone. Any help appreciated. Thank you.
I’m on a UK GSM network.

You can make the manual process a little easier by launching directly into the Phone settings page using this URL scheme

prefs:root=Phone

There doesn’t seem to be a URL to go into any of the subpages, at least not one that I could find.

1 Like

Many thanks @lightningxcookie. That gets me part way there :slight_smile:-)
I must admit it bugs me that iOS doesn’t remember the last phone number I forwarded to!

1 Like

You can make that a little easier by creating text replacements for your most used numbers (I use wcel for my work cell, for example).

3 Likes

Thanks @tf2 that works for me. Great tip! :slightly_smiling_face:

In the U.S. old carrier used to let me do this by entering a very long phone number…

1. [

How do I forward calls?

](javascript:void(0):wink:

You can turn on Call Forwarding from your mobile phone:

• Immediate Call Forwarding (mobile phone won’t ring) - Call *72 + the 10-digit number that you want to forward your calls to (e.g., *72-908-123-4567).

• Conditional Call Forwarding (mobile phone will ring first and forward call when there’s no answer) - Call *71 + the 10-digit number that you want to forward your calls to (e.g., *71-908-123-4567).

You can also turn on Call Forwarding by visiting My Verizon from your computer and through the My Verizon app.

Visit the following for step-by-step instructions to turn on Call Forwarding from the:

You can also watch our How to Set Up Call Forwarding video.

Prepaid accounts can only manage Call Forwarding by phone, not through My Verizon.

Thanks for this @rsterbal. Good point - Vodafone in the UK has a similar arrangement. I have updated my work and personal iPhones to iOS 14.7 and 14.7.1 now and both updates have fixed the bug where the phone would forget the forwarding number when I turned off forwarding and turned it back on … and had to re-enter the number. The re-entering the number each time was the pain.

If you can do it with a number, just save the contact to the home screen and store the forwarding and cancel forwarding number with your contacts. Or just create one contact for each to save a tap.