Replace Scripture References with Links in Text

This may be one of my favorite shortcuts I’ve ever created because of how useful it has been. I use Craft, Drafts, Day One, and the Olive Tree Bible app and I can use this shortcut by to replace all of the Scripture references in a note or snippet of text with Markdown deep links to the passages of Scripture in the Olive Tree app. I simply select the text, choose this shortcut from the share sheet, and paste the result (the modified text with links) over my selected text to replace it. This works with any Markdown editor or notes app though, including Obsidian or Bear in addition to the ones I mentioned above.

I put this shortcut on RoutineHub, so please feel free to use it if you think it might help you:

Replace Scripture References with Links in Text

3 Likes

Nice work! I made something similar years ago to automatically add scripture links to Wordpress posts. I’ll have to dig into your regex for ideas :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. I’m definitely not an expert on regex. It took me a while to figure out how to do negative lookaheads but it paid off in making it safe to run against the same text multiple times.