Hello! I currently use SignUpGenius to manage reminders and switches for an in-person course I teach, but I don’t really love it. I primarily organize the course behind the scenes in Airtable, and have a couple Zapier zaps to make SignUpGenius connect to Airtable which work ok, although its fairly limited.
Here’s what works well:
- When people are added to a SignUpGenius, I can update their contact info in Airtable. (I can also import a contact list from Airtable into SignUpGenius).
- Students can switch dates without my help
- Email reminders are automatically sent before the course, and I can include attachments.
Here’s what I’d love to work better:
- Assign students to dates by import or into a table. We actually assign students to a certain date (their schedules are complex and we need to make sure everyone starts with a date that works for them), and then I manually add them to SignUpGenius, which is tedious.
- Switching is actually not intuitive and mostly people email me when they can’t figure it out - not the automation I’m looking for.
- I can assign one reminder to each date, but I’d actually like the option to send multiple reminders. Email is fine, although if I can send one cheaply by text that would be better.
I’ve thought about trying to build this in Airtable, and I think I could except for the switching part, which I can’t figure out. And the UI seems limited. Anyone have a creative idea about how to do this better?