My Reimagined Productivity Home Screen

Thought I’d share here, I’ve built a bunch of custom widgets to assemble a new couple of Home Screens I’m really happy with. Maybe some folks here might make use of these, hope they’re helpful!

ScottyJ

9 Likes

Absolutely awesome! (20 char bla bla bla)

1 Like

This almost makes me want to use OmniFocus again. Almost. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

This is very well organized though. Nice job!

1 Like

Technically, this could use any task system as long as Shortcuts can count its items… :wink:

1 Like

@heyscottyj - if one wanted to remove the calendar portion of the Dashboard Widget and leave the two sections above that, where would one cut the shortcut? I see where the calendar portion begins (with the Find All Calendar Items action) but I can’t quite work out where the calendar section ends and the final section that constructs the widget begins.

1 Like

As a prelim edit, to test things out, you can leave all the Calendar actions in place, but edit the List action near the bottom (ninth from the bottom, in fact), and remove the last three items from that List.

WidgetPack organizes contents based on List actions, turning them in to stacks. The last three items in that List are the words “EVENTS”, the list of Calendar events, and the (if required) “and x more” text. If removed, that will compile the widget without that content. If you’re happy with that, then you can remove the Upcoming events action and Repeat with each content.

With the Calendar content cut, the remainder should fit just about wonderfully in a medium widget (an iteration I had before I added calendar).

Hope this helps!

ScottyJ

Hope this helps!

Excellent, that worked. Thanks @heyscottyj.

1 Like

Simply fantastic. I love the “task-tivity” rings.

1 Like

Update: I made a version that works with Reminders as source data (thanks for the inspiration @kennonb!)

4 Likes

Glad that I could help inspire. :wink: Fun stuff here!

1 Like

This is fantastic. Thanks Scotty!

1 Like

wow…

20 char… yada yada

I need to go look for WidgetPack support options but I’ve noticed that my widgets don’t update even though the examples in the app are correct. Does that sound familiar to anyone?

My guess would be that you have not setup the automation referenced on the first page of app instructions/examples.

I’ve set up the automation but it doesn’t work if I manually trigger the refresh as well.

Are they not two triggers of the same shortcut?

Running the Shortcut and the widget actually updating are two different things. As I understand it, iOS 14 queues requests for widget update and treats them in accordance with its arcane machinations. I often see lag between running the Shortcut and the changes reflecting in the on-screen widget.

It might be worth reporting to WidgetPack if the updating is never happening, though!

ScottyJ