MFC Deck Layouts

I spend a lot of time in the car and think MFC Deck would be a perfect always-on dashboard while my phone is connected to power and attached to the dash. I’m finding the Album layout the most useful but am creating sub-decks to avoid having to use the two larger card sizes (there’s just so much more I could display in that space!). I’d love the ability to change the card proportions/size of individual cards from the Edit Card menu and then have the other cards “flow” around it, similar to how app icons flow around widgets on devices running iOS 14.

Any plans to enable this or some other sort of manual control on a per-card basis, or for creating custom layouts in the future?

Right now the layouts are hard-coded in the app. The best thing to do is to change the sort order of the Deck to Manual and to drag and drop the cards into your desired positions within the layout. Make sure the Lock View setting is in the unlocked position or drag and drop will not work.

If there is a particular layout that you want, let me know and I can see if I can build it for you.

Having drag and drop has been really nice, I’ve been using that to rearrange cards inside the different layouts.

If it’s not too much trouble, having the album view without the two larger card sizes would make a pretty big difference so it only uses the 1x1 cards and 2x2 cards, with the 2x2s alternating left-aligned and right aligned like this:

2 Likes

Implemented for the next beta. Calling it Album (River).

3 Likes

Amazing! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Would it be too crazy to offer a size setting for each Card, and a layout that would preserve your sort order and cascade the Cards as best they can fit?

Yes, it would be nice, but it’s out of scope for the initial release.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay, but the latest beta adds the River layout that you requested.

2 Likes

I noticed last night! Thank you again!

1 Like