LaunchCuts is now available for pre-ordering. General release scheduled for January 8, 2020

While that is true, they surely will stick around until Shortcuts and Siri intents provide a sufficient alternative without the requirement of constant app switches.

I feel that we will see a huge transition to a unification of Shortcuts, Siri intents, Automator and AppleScript on macOS, as well as the partially universally working URL-schemes and x-callback-urls. But as we all know, Apples moves slowly.

I already thought so, because of the ā€œCopy Folder UUIDā€ button.
That sounds great!

On the ā€œuse it occasionallyā€ thing, I think my use will increase as:

1. I learn how to integrate LaunchCuts into my life.
  2. It matures - whether with new function or maturity.

I am using the beta and I like it. It is useful. $7.99 is reasonable and I probably will preorder it but I am here to offer a suggestion that would make this purchase more enticing to someone like me and possibly others. I really like the ability to customize an apps icon. When Iā€™m deciding if I want to buy an app, I consider a lot of things. If Iā€™m on the fence, I check if I am able to make custom home screen icons. For example, I bought Launch Center Pro even though I already had Launcher. There were many reasons I wanted to buy it but I was having a hard time justifying it until I saw that I could make icons. I am a sucker. A lot of apps entice me to upgrade to premium with this feature. Maybe you can lower the initial price and then add some features like this as an in app purchase? I would buy it without hesitation at $5. I also wouldnā€™t hesitate to pay another $$$ after buying to be able to get custom icons.
Good luck on the launch!

1 Like

Multiple app icons will be coming eventually, just not in the initial release.

For those of us betaā€™ing - and as a light user (currently) - would it make sense to delete the TestFlight version and install the App Store version? Or persist with the beta track? I have pre-ordered so I think that gets you the money. :slight_smile:

Right now, the TestFlight version is the same as the App Store version that will be released next week. You can delete the TestFlight app and install the App Store one on launch day.

None of your folders iCloud data will be deleted, but LaunchCuts will think you are installing from scratch. When the Setup screen appears, tap Start Using LaunchCuts instead of Begin Setup.

1 Like

I think what Iā€™ll do is persist with the TestFlight version - so I can keep testing as you do more betas.

But I probably will re-initialise LaunchCuts - in the manner you said.

This looks amazing and exactly the kind of app Iā€™ve been begging Apple to make since it bought Workflow. I use Shortcuts every day, and I donā€™t think $8 is too much at all to spend. (Itā€™s not like itā€™s a subscription.) Great work. Thanks.

3 Likes

I donā€™t plan to have the TestFlight beta active for long after the initial release. It may come back when thereā€™s a more substantive update.

1 Like