Is anyone using Integromat?

Today whilst browsing Reddit I stumbled across Integromat:

It looks very similar to IFTTT, Flow, Zapier, Olisto and the like, but I have never heard of it before today. So if you’re using it, how are you using it?

4 Likes

I used it a few years back for triggering scripts on my home Mac based on geofencing. Other than that just basic experiments. Not used it in quite a while.

1 Like

Interesting, nice find. Another one I signed up for a while back but have yet to use, Stringify:

Remember Yahoo Pipes? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would be interested to hear more about Integromat from anyone using it - it looks to offer more robust processing of data (as opposed to just triggering events) than IFTTT.

I use it. I have an online form from cognito, which zapier listens for and posts to a google sheets document with every new form post. I then use integromat to take the most recent addition to the google sheets doc and convert it to a one-item csv file and email it to me as an attachment. From there I save the csv to my desktop. Hazel sees the csv and executes a keyboard maestro script which executes a JavaScript which converts the csv into a vcf, and then imports the newly created vcf into busycontacts, and then cleans up the mess on the desktop. Such a hilarious chain of events! But as far as I’m aware, only integromat can do that crucial step that I needed it to do (email csv file as attachment)

Their customer service is amazing too. They actually wrote the action for me after I emailed them in total confusion!

I can imagine like 10 better ways to do what I’m doing, but this works extremely well every time, so why mess with it?

Anyways, I highly recommend Integromat. For me, they are far superior than Zapier or IFTT.

2 Likes

Yes, as I find zapier a bit expensive for personal use I have switch to Integromat.
My last scenario is like Hazel for mail: basically I use a mailhook to parse subject/body and I convert pdf attachment to text using cloudconvert (pdf to text equivalent) or convertapi (real ocr). Then depending on criteria I can save and rename attachment in cloud drive and even fill a sheet for tax receipts.

2 Likes

Hi all,

I use both Zapier and Integromat. I have been using Zapier for about 4 years now and started with Integromat for little over 2 years. The speed of new releases in Integromat is incredible. Their support is also good and friendly.

@flyingeek they now have a native pdf creation step: PDF

What I also like, are their templates that often help you to get started. In direct comparison to Zapier, they offer more options like routers, filters and error handling.

Pricing depends on your needs but in a lot of cases, there a a bit cheaper too. Their free tier offers 1.000 operations and might meet your needs for private stuff. If you start using it for business, it just saves you tons of time and also doesn’t make any errors like yourself or an employee.

With their iOS or Android App you can do a lot of fun stuff like geofencing. In my example I often decide that I want to print a document that I get per e-mail. If I’m not in the office, I could just easy print it with Google Cloudprint or even through a VPN connection. But when I am on a business trip, I often get back in the office and my printed copies are not on the printer anymore because maybe a coworker took it or threw it in the bin.

So, I now put the document in a specific Dropbox folder. As soon as I arrive in the office, the integromat app recognizes it based on geofencing. It then starts a scenario where it pulls the documents from the Dropbox folder, prints it via Google Cloudprint and moves the files to another folder. This is especially useful when printing documents to have a certain level of privacy.

Greetings from Berlin,
Gijs

3 Likes

I found Integromat through this thread and I’ve started playing with it. I can’t recommend them for their tech support highly enough. I’m not even a paying customer yet, and the support has been quick and responsive. In fact, because I don’t know what I’m doijg, I eventually backed out of an email support thread with them because my Midwestern guilt made me feel I was taking advantage of them. :joy:

I haven’t really used Zapier beyond the basics, but I sure like the first impression Integromat has made.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s a fantastic tool. I am really amazed. As far as no-code tools go they normally never meet my expectations as a dev, this time however I was pleasantly suprised. While it isn’t perfect, you can tell there is a seriously good team of devs behind this. It’s ability to design error-handling scenarios and aggregate data as it goes through the workflow is just amazing.

1 Like

I started playing with it a few days ago, and I have to say I really like the user interface.

After the first impression of “too much stuff/too complicated” I am really starting to see the power.
I have not really built anything useful with it yet, but it seems to tick all my boxes - and it does so with a clean, modern, and quick UI.

If you are interested: I just finished my Pushcut integration for it.
You can now trigger smart notifications from integromat, and trigger integromat from smart notifications ; )

3 Likes

Hey everyone! This is Arpit from the Integromat team. Really glad to have found this community and this thread.

Happy to answer any questions related to Integromat or automation/integrations/no-code tools/citizen development.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @icanAutomate

Your job - with Integromat - will be to convince us of the differences vs the others. I think we’re a sympathetic audience.

Just chiming in to say Integromat is fantastic. I’m using it to drive a number of business-critical functions, as well as some random things. One nice thing: if an automation fails for any reason, it can keep subsequent requests in a queue so you can fix the scenario without losing data.

A couple random things I’ve used it for:

• Lightweight static site generator that keeps dashboard information updated. How it works: every n minutes, do a HTTP request to retrieve updated statistics. SFTP an HTML page to my web page, inserting the variables from the intial request
  • PDF generator: Integromat exposes a custom API endpoint that I can post data to. When I send the data, it creates an HTML page with appropriate substitutions, converts that to a PDF, and uploads the PDF to the appropriate Google Drive folder (based on information in the original API request)
  • Client setup: When a new row is added to a Google Sheet: 1) create a Google Drive folder for the client, 2) rename it, 3) copy some template documents into the folder, 4) go through each template and add client data, 5) create a Jira card, and 5) notify the appropriate person on Slack
1 Like

Adding my 5c here - I just joined this forum and found out about Integromat here.
I’ve spent the entire afternoon with it building workflows.

It balances between highly technical and user friendly in a great way.
It’s so much better than Zapier which is a bit too basic for my liking. A concrete example of this is their ability to retrieve favorited tweets and customizing the endpoint I’m querying which no other tool will give you.

Here is a scenario I build where I am capturing my liked tweets to an airtable and then if they contain a thread, requesting that thread, extracting the relevant HTML and then updating the Airtable record with the entire thread making it searchable.

1 Like

This looks rather pretty; I wish the others looked this nice.

I’ve started looking at it the last couple days to make some stuff easier that I was struggling with Zapier for. To be fair, I think with a paid Zapier plan ($25 a month if you don’t sign up annually) I could have done it relatively easily. I’m just not sure yet I can justify that cost. Integromat allows multi step workflows (scenarios) so that I could achieve my goal and on the free plan. I think I am likely to want to bump it up though and they start at $9/month. Quite a bit cheaper for what, so far, seems to be very comparable power.

Edit to add my specific use case that had me trying it was to copy a Google Drive file, re name it, and send the share link to my phone. This is part of a larger Shortcut I run when my podcasts have a new episode to post.

Integromat is working well for me. I pay for the cheapest tier, and it’s becoming more intuitive.

So far, I haven’t found a better solution for reacting to email (e.g., when I get an email from a particular service, parse out different elements, put them in a spreadsheet and/or a Twitter or LinkedIn post, and/or an email of my own to someone else…

I’ve been playing around with Integromat and I’m fairly certain I’m going to pay for it when my free use runs out later this week. It fills the void that Microsoft Flow left when they changed business models. Wish the documentation was a bit more complete but that’s more of a minor annoyance than a real complaint.

I’ve ditched Zapier and IFTTT in favor of Integromat. I pay for the lowest tier (around 10 euros).

For my ADHD-brain it is so much more useful to see the whole workflow at a glance.

They’re constantly developing their service, too, adding new services weekly.

In this post I share some of the ways I use Integromat: How I track my life with Integromat, Airtable, Shortcuts and Timing (et al)

1 Like

Hey everyone. I just got into Integromat courtesy of Rosemary’s great tutorial on ScreenCastsOnline. I really like the interface and its mental model.

My first automation gets the daily coronavirus numbers from my local health authority in Victoria, Australia and then triggers a Pushcut notification which fires off a Shortcut to extract the numbers from a tweet and send it out to some folks.

3 Likes