Ios14 and macOS Big Sur Betas? Are they stable to try out?

What’s your experience. Are they ok working fairly well?

2 Likes

Can’t speak to Big Sur but iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 have been VERY stable for me. They are a little glitchy in places but haven’t crashed on me or anything.

3 Likes

Biggest improvement are the Shortcuts changes that David and Rosemary covered in the most recent episode of Automators. They are huge changes (being able to run true automations automatically!

2 Likes

:100: this for sure!!!

Automations running automatically is a game-changer!

1 Like

I want to put iOS 14 on my iPad to play with the new shortcuts stuff, but I want to keep iOS 13 on my iPhone. Will this break anything when iOS 13 and iPadOS 14 try to sync shortcuts?

While Beta 1 was so stable that it could have been a regular OS, I am not finding the same with Beta 2. While I am not having respring, I am having a lot of things that no longer work

1 Like

I just installed last night but I’m pretty stable so far. Messages had a notification in the “Siri suggestion” widget that stuck around for “too long” and then I didn’t get more when there should have been but ¯_(ツ)_/¯

In fact my NFC triggered Shortcut now works correctly so that’s great.

I hear about text actions not working properly on the latest betas. I think I’ll put the first public beta on my old iPhone 6S but I’ll wait for sometime before putting it on my main iPhone and iPad.

Happy to try anything out.

Text actions worked here.

Just something I heard on Reddit. I still think it is a mistake to put such an early beta on a device you depend on.

Probably :slight_smile:

I still run Mojave on my MacBook Pro tho so ¯\(ツ)

Ha. I still have High Sierra on my iMac.

So downloaded Public Beta 2 to my iPhone 6s. The text actions Split Text and Match Text do not work. Have sent a Feedback.

1 Like

Same with Dev 2 on my 12.9” iPad

Have you noticed that you cannot copy and paste the modifying text actions either. But you can duplicate them. Strange.

1 Like

I have the betas both on iPad and iPhone and they are stable for me. However …

The authenticator for my online banking does not work anymore :confused:
Hopefully I don’t have to wire money until fall.

Edit: after the release of the public beta, my bank updated their app :slight_smile:

1 Like

Combine text does not work either. I also sent feedback

iOS 14 has been stable but the shortcuts app has quite a few shortcuts broken at the moment. For example you cannot pull info from contact notes. You cannot pass on contact to another shortcut.

Calendar filtering seems to be broken as well

Copy and paste text modifier actions now works on the latest Public beta. However the cursor still is not automatically appearing in the input fields. You still need to tap in the input box to start typing.