IOS 14 Shortcut improvements

I see folders and compact UI when running a Shortcut. Anyone else gleam any new info?

3 Likes

Shortcuts for watchOS

2 Likes

Right. Forgot that. That is a “finally”.

Plus this is another finally!

2 Likes

Finally they are AUTOMATIONS!!! Woohoo just sent a timed message without user interaction, phone off !!!

1 Like

I was a bit early, half baked still. Location trigger still demands confirmation.

1 Like

Copy actions to a new shortcut

1 Like

“Connect To Power” could become a synonym for “when I’m in my office” - possibly if I add extra checking logic.

Just so long as I remember to put the phone on the charging pad when I sit down. :slight_smile:

Yeah I figured that also, it will be something like If Battery is charged then run shortcut -> check location if location = work adress and time= 08:00 - 09:00 then do following. Will be messy but will probably work.

Just checked it. Shortcuts in iOS14 Beta 1 still require confirmation when using power as trigger.

The list of new triggers and which triggers require confirmation was shown in a session:

Not on my iOS 14b1 device it doesn’t.

1 Like

This is my favorite thing to happen to shortcuts yet :heart_eyes: I’m not sure how Apple still amazes me every time they implement copy and paste

1 Like

Copy and paste…my Shortcuts count will triple.

1 Like

I heard it’s now really easy to remove Shortcuts from the ShareSheet without having to open each Shortcut and toggle off Sharing.

Some follow-up on copy paste - in beta 1 you cannot copy groups of actions, only one at a time. The problem I noticed for a long shortcut was how slow it was to copy several actions over and over. Also, the actions retain their original variables so once you’ve copied over 3 chained actions you need to repoint everything.

In a future update, if you could copy a group and keep the variable relationships for that group it would make things a lot faster.

1 Like

There is a new Calculate Expression action. That will cut back on a lot of actions in Shortcuts.

1 Like