IBeacons keep triggering

I bought a pack of Estimote beacons hoping they’d improve some location based shortcuts I have when arriving at work and home. The accuracy is much better, but I keep getting repeated triggers — sometimes several an hour — even though I haven’t moved.

The “Do not repeat for” constraint isn’t exactly what I want because I end up missing triggers when I leave home/work briefly.

I haven’t changed any of the default Estimote settings (other than enabling iBeacon). Any suggestions there?

It’s almost like I need to prevent a second beacon trigger until after I leave a geofence or something.

yeah, this is a common issue with iBeacons on iOS and I think part of the reason they are considered a bit tricky to set up properly.

on the beacon, you can try setting the “advertising interval” to 100 ms and experiment with the signal strength.

in Pushcut, there is a setting “Ignore signal loss” for beacons - more a compromise than a solution - but cranking this up should smooth things over with re-entering beacons (this will also delay the leaving events…).

I hope that helps.

1 Like

Thanks. That seems to be helping. I’ve been re-entering free for 56 minutes now!

2 Likes