I setup a pushcut server on an ipad - shortcut still do not work automatically

I setup a pushcut server on an ipad. if I tap the notification on my phone, it works fine and the server wakes up. if I just let the notification go, the server does not execute. I am setting up the notification with server ->pushcut then choosing the shortcut and nothing happens

ideas? i thought the pushcut server would allow shortcuts to be executed in the background

It still works if I tap the notification on my phone then the server on my iPad wakes up and executes the shortcut. So if I have to tap the notification anyway why have a server. I thought the server removed the requirement of tapping the notification to run a shortcut.

Sorry, we don’t do a great job of explaining this on the app: You have to use the shortcut action “Execute Server Action” (or the equivalent API) to trigger an action on a device running the Automation Server.

I am using “execute server action” then choosing shortcut - i still have to tap to run the notification shortcut

here is the shortcut I am now calling. Do I call it as a shortcut or a server action?
either way it still does not do anything. the server does not respond in any fasion

either way it still does not do anything

What happens if you run the shortcut pictured there (Run Dishwasher Task) from your phone? That should cause the Empty The Diskwasher Task shortcut to run on the server.

I think it might help if you could give us a little more background on what your goals for this setup are?

My goal is to have pushcut automatically run a shortcut to enter a task into omnifocus automatically. currently I have to tap something to run a shortcut. it is my understanding that the pushcut server would allow shortcuts to run without me tapping anything on my phone

That is definitely something the Pushcut Automation Server can do. How would you like to trigger the shortcut (e.g. on a schedule, from HomeKit, from a home automation system, etc)?