How to get an intelligible, text-based summary of today's weather forecast into Shortcuts

I’ve been trying to get a text-based weather report into my task manager and I’m having trouble figuring out how to do this. I’ve used both the Carrot and Weather.app shortcut actions for a daily forecast, but the problem is that the text that comes back – I think? – is in an hourly format. For example:

43↑ 25↓ and Overcast
43↑ 33↓ and Overcast
46↑ 36↓ and Overcast
40↑ 33↓ and Overcast
37↑ 30↓ and Overcast
37↑ 25↓ and Partly Cloudy
38↑ 26↓ and Overcast
40↑ 28↓ and Overcast

etc…

What I’m looking for is something more like “Today’s high is XX today, and a XX% chance of rain with blah blah wind conditions.”

Do I have to parse this myself by first looking up the high, then the chance of rain and string together a bunch of variables, or is this output already available through either of these two apps (or something else?)

TIA!

If you look at the Carrot Daily Weather forecast (e.g. for London)…

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/2a0562e1a68f4fa7a6092f4e30ec285e

… you’ll see it returns the daily forecast over several days.

These get returned as separate items per day…

… so for the current day, you should just need to grab the first of the items returned.

1 Like

Thank you! Once I realized this was a list instead of a just a block of content, that pointed me in the right direction, to figure out that “get item from list” was the function I needed.