Help with Things 3 URL Scheme for Project Templates

Look at the linked action where the reverse date calculation is referenced - https://actions.getdrafts.com/a/1Ob

The template has a tag in it followed by the calculations. Drafts substitutes in the tag, then Things will parse that with the calculation and derive the required date.

Thanks. I think I need to be using either “Thingy” or the “Community Group Brochure” action posted by kennonb. Is that right? When I use those actions I get this error

Looks like there is an encoding issue with that Drafts Template Action. There should be “icons” next to the [[deadline]] merge fields, but they’re showing as “?”

You should be able to still use that action as a reference, but use the actual “Thingy” action group to replace that “?” with the proper Deadline identifier.

EDIT:

Actually it looks like it’s an issue with the Thingy action group.

Anyway, here’s a slightly more recent write-up on how I process my Templates.

Hi

This looks awesome. But did you have to create a template like in the jpeg or not? Sorry wasn’t clear for me.

Thanks

Carl

Hope folks are well. I am “almost” where I need to be with this. Can someone please help me with the final details ?

1. I am using the “Things Project Template” in Shortcuts
  2. My text file works 98% to my liking, the only thing I want to add is the ability to add reverse date math to this method (using the shortcut and text file).
  3. When I run the shortcut, it asks for date, I enter in the day of show and that applies that to the project
  4. I want some of the items below to have dates that are calculated plus or minus from the date above. Examples being

I’d like Book Travel too have a date 54 days before the above date
I’d like the Send Settlement email to have a date 1 day after the above date

Text file text is below. What do I need to add to it to have reverse math

sample2 copy

Many thanks in advance

Best,

Jeremy

Jeremy Plotnikoff
Chris Botti Tour Manager
cheekyjeremy@mac.com

1 Like