Help me figure out this "Add Events to Fantastical" KM script, please?

I’m trying to figure out Rosemary’s Keyboard Maestro script for Fantastical, but because I don’t know what I’m doing other than noodling around and trying to make mine look like hers, I can’t figure out what’s off. Here’s a screenshot of what I have, and I was hoping someone could help me troubleshoot it into working!

Thanks, everyone.

Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 8.55.20 PM|593x500

I downloaded Rosemary’s macro and changed it from Fantastical 2 to Fantastical and it worked fine.

I typed:

This a test event tomorrow 2pm

and then copied it to the clipboard (Select All + Cut or Copy), and then ran the macro by clicking the “Run” button in Keyboard Maestro. It worked fine.

(macOS did prompt me to give permission for Keyboard Maestro to control Fantastical, which I granted.)

What happens when you try yours? Do you get any error messages or does it just fail quietly/silently?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. It just fails silently. I think it has to do with the very first step (as silly as that is?). The icon is rosemary’s video is different (looks like a network icon?) versus mine that is brackets.

What video are you using?

I’m going to invoke @RosemaryOrchard by name and see if she sees this, as she might be able to help.

If the icon that looks different is the Fantastical icon, I wonder if that’s because it was Fantastical 2.

I also wonder if this might be a macOS permissions issue.

1 Like

I’m using this from episode 1.

It’s not a permissions issue. I’ve given both KM and KM Agent access. I’ll fiddle again later when I get a chance.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Okay, I think I got it figured out; I think it was a permissions issue in that I needed to restart the app after changed permissions (there was a yellow “Exclamation point” on the bottom bar.)

I restarted the app; ran the action, and everything showed up!

Thanks @Tjluoma and @RosemaryOrchard for putting this together and helping me out; I think just this one instance is gonna make KM worth the money for me.

I’m going to revisit this one more time.

Is there a way to set the length of the event with this script/automation? I tried to in the cell for the event time, but it didn’t seem to take when it was pasted in to Fantastical.

Thanks again for helping me get to this point and any further information