Help calculate 10 business days for current date

I’m a police officer who is trying to lead my PD from the dark ages.

After taking a Motor Vehicle Report, I provided all the involved drivers a card that that states

• incident date
  • report number
  • date when a copy of the report can be picked up (10 business day after the incident date)

𝘏𝘒𝘯π˜₯𝘸𝘳π˜ͺ𝘡π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘯 𝘒 𝘩𝘦𝘒𝘷𝘺 π˜₯𝘢𝘡𝘺 𝘀𝘒𝘳π˜₯ π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘡 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘦𝘧𝘧π˜ͺ𝘀π˜ͺ𝘦𝘯𝘡 𝘯𝘰𝘳 π˜ͺ𝘴 π˜ͺ𝘡 𝘀𝘰𝘴𝘡-𝘦𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘀𝘡π˜ͺ𝘷𝘦.

I created and formatted a fillable form[1] that can be printed out using the printer in the Radio Car (π‘£π‘–π‘Ž 𝑑𝒉𝑒 π‘π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘›π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘‘π’‰π‘Žπ‘‘ 𝑖𝑠 𝑒𝑠𝑒𝑑 π‘‘π‘œ π‘π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘›π‘‘ π‘œπ‘’π‘‘ π‘Ž π‘ π‘’π‘šπ‘šπ‘œπ‘›π‘ ).

I started to create a this shortcut that takes that will take the current Date and calculate what the date will be in 10 business days.

• I assume I can do it with a bunch of β€œif” statement but it seemed to clunky.

• then I figured it could be done using RegEx and β€œMatch Text.” I just started to read β€œMastering Regular Expression,” but I’m a slow reader and learner LOL.

Of course the OCD in me would love for the Shortcut to take into account federal holidays and adjust the output accordingly, but I wouldn’t even know how to do that. (Prob more β€œif” values)

Can someone help me with taking a date, add 10 business days to the input and return MM/dd/yyyy?

I work with Cops, and in my 17-year career, I have learned that change is difficult. However, if you can lessen the friction it is more likely that it will be adopted.

1. I noticed when creating my fillable form that javascript can be added to entries. So I’m hoping that when a coworker or I enter the incident date, the pickup date will be calculated using the script. β†©οΈŽ

wouldn’t 10 business days always be (just about) 12 days from now?

let me check…

mo -> +12 = sa so miss, needs to be 14
tu -> +12 = su… so needs to be 13
we -> +12 = monday
th -> +12 = tuesday
fr -> +12 = wednesday
sa -> +12 = thursday
su -> +12 = friday

which means the only β€œif” β€˜s are monday and tuesday

Or am I calculating wrong here (it;s late :slight_smile: )

Try this one.

Example - Plus 10 business days.

1 Like