Hazel and A Better Finder Renamer (ABFR)

I’ve built a pretty simple ABFR preset with regular expressions to do a rename I want that’s a bit more complicated than what I can do with Hazel’s native rename actions. I’m trying to integrate it with Hazel, but I’m not sure how to do so.

ABFR lets you create “Droplets” which seem to be functionally the same as Automator “Applications.” I’ve tried opening the droplet for this rename in Automator, though, to no avail. Is there a way to push a file onto a Workflow application (or a droplet) with AppleScript?

I don’t think ABFR has native AppleScript support, and I don’t see any other obvious way of running a file through it. (I also don’t have any AppleScript chops). I’d rather use ABFR than try to learn enough to shell script this.

1 Like

If the droplets created by ABFR are application bundles, all you need to do is to specify them as the application to use in a Hazel “Open with” action.

I didn’t get a chance to test this right away, but I did want to post an update that this worked great. Thanks for the tip!