Get contents from URL

I have a shortcut that should get contents of url. It doesn’t work, because the result (text) is ‘Loading’ so I think the page loading takes too long for the shortcut to extract content. Is there a way to fix this? Extend the time of the ‘Get content from URL’ action in order for the page to fully load?

No, the time can’t be extended.

Can you share the URL? I suspect it’s a page assembled in JavaScript in the client, but without the URL itself, it’s just a guess.

It’s this publicly available URL of a Zapier Table https://tables.zapier.com/app/tables/t/01J2ZSNHNKQPYHS78RKJDQV84V?secrets=01J2ZSPRS3YPRHG2AFWV0T4V16E5ZNU3X2EGYI547WMKXRJWQDP4

I had a problem where the webpage was created dynamically, ie you need a browser or similar for the webpage to load properly.

My workaround was to load the page in safari and then run a pythonista script from the sharesheet.
In pythonista you can eg beautiful soup to parse the html and process the information.

No. I want a personal shortcut automation to get contents of this URL daily. So without human action so sharesheet is not an option

Then you might want to look at headless browsers, they are made for automation.

There is a huge difference between getting html from a web address and executing a web page. It looks like your problem is the latter one, hence I think you need a real browser.

However, since since this is a zapier table (and zapier is an automation platform, if I got that right), I’d look into zapier’s capabilities of providing you the wanted information in a different way.

2 Likes