Form options like checkboxes/drop downs/radio buttons

First thanks for scriptable it is awesome.

Is there a way to add checkboxes and drop downs in scriptable alerts? I did not find anything in the documentation. If there is, could you show a example for a checkbox, radio button, and drop down. I haven’t been able to find anything online.

You would want to build a web view to use elements like that. Scriptable’s alert is analogous to a standard JavaScript alert.

Thank you for that info. I am on the webview track now.

I am now trying to load a index.html file and a JavaScript file that has a src reference in it. I have placed both in the scriptable base folder on icloud.

I get to where it all works EXCEPT it opens a blank html page. Do I have the creation of file paths right for reading a index.html file from the iCloud Drive scriptable folder? Any ideas on why it might be a blank page? I have checked that it is valid html in the index file and it is in the root directory of scriptable on iCloud

let fm = FileManager.iCloud();
let dir = fm.documentsDirectory();
let fileName = "index.html";
let path = fm.joinPath(dir,fileName);

WebView.loadFile(path, new Size(0,100))

This worked for me when I created and ran it on my Mac using the Scriptable beta app.

let dir = fm.documentsDirectory();
let strPath = fm.joinPath(dir,"example.html");
console.log(strPath);

await WebView.loadFile(strPath);

When I repeated it on my iPad, my first run gave a blank page. I navigated to the example.html file via the Files app and it was showing as in the cloud and not on device. I tapped on it to download and preview it. Then I went back into Scriptable, ran the script again, and this time it displayed just as it did on the Mac, using an iPad valid path to the same file: /private/var/mobile/Library/Mobile Documents/iCloud~dk~simonbs~Scriptable/Documents/example.html

Hope that helps.

Awesome! It worked. Thanks so much for helping with that. I couldn’t figure out what the issue was. I did run across this in the documentation when I was trying to figure it out.

downloadFileFromiCloud(filePath)

but I thought it was for a different reason and my file would be downloaded in a minute ( on a update schedule in iCloud) if it wasn’t—so I didn’t use it. I bet I should have added this in. I find the documentation oddly hard to understand without examples. Love Scriptable though. Thanks!!

This worked so that I didn’t have to physically locate and download the file on my phone.

let dir = fm.documentsDirectory();// 
let fileName = "index.html";
let path = fm.joinPath(dir,fileName);

if(fm.isFileStoredIniCloud(path))
{
  fm.downloadFileFromiCloud(path);

}

Thanks again.

You do not need to check whether the file is stored in iCloud or not. Just directly call downloadFileFromiCloud. According to the documentation, nothing bad happens when it’s stored local or already downloaded.
But you should add an await before the function call:

await fm.downloadFileFromiCloud(file)

otherwise it might not have finished downloading when the file is read resulting in an error.

Great info. Thanks.

John