Download shared file from iCloud drive automatically via Internet

I would like to access (read-only is sufficient) some files, which are stored on my iCloud drive, from my server-side script running on my Web server. I can create of course an URL for each share, but this URL leads to an interposed download page and not directly to the file. Is there a way to do this?

Background of the question: This is possible on Dropbox. But I would like to convert my Dropbox/iCloud setup to an iCloud only setup.

Is your web sever running MacOS?

No, it is a Linux box outside of my home network.

In that case, take a look at pyicloud file storage functionality and see if that would suffice.

I’ve not seen anything to say if the Windows iCloud client runs under wine, but that would be my next suggestion.

1 Like

Thank you for the link! But the solution doesn’t seem to be what I was looking for. I shared the files on iCloud, so no login data should be required. Wine is also not an option on that particular machine. Unfortunately it’s so easy on Dropbox, you just need to add a download parameter to the public URL, I hoped there would be something similar in iCloud.

I’ve never seen an equivalent parameter hence I was suggesting ways to actually have the files put directly onto the server for local access.