Difficulties with Chamberlain MyQ Smart Garage Door Opener + Liftmaster MyQ Home Bridge

Has anyone been able to get these two devices working with Homekit? I’m having a devil of a time. Have been on tech support calls with both Apple and Chamberlain multiple times over several days and no one seems to be able to figure it out.

Currently, I have my garage door opening from inside the MyQ app, but Homekit doesn’t seem to be able to register or see the Home Bridge device at all.

Would love to hear from anyone who has been able to get this working.

My end goal is to see my garage door status in Homekit and be able to control it from there (and via Siri).

Ok, after 3 days of messing with this, I finally figured it out. I guess…if anyone else is having trouble, I’m an expert now. :wink:

1 Like

I had no luck adding it to homekit and gave up. What worked for you?

Hi Skery, what I found was that Homekit would not add the bridge outside of the MyQ app. It has to be added to Homekit through the MyQ app, under the Device Management menu item.

I should mention also went through a couple rounds of deleting everything out of MyQ app and resetting both devices physically. This was a huge pain. And whatever you do, don’t make the mistake I did and delete your Homekit Home from MyQ – it will actually delete ALL of your Homekit rooms, devices and settings. Grrrr. Still recovering from that one.

Let me know if you have any other questions or you’re still stuck. I spent many hours on the phone with both Chamberlain customer support and Apple and none of them were helpful, unfortunately.

I ran into that “delete my home” issue. Wow, not a good way to spend a Saturday recovering from it.

1 Like

Here’s another possible solution/workaround.

1 Like