I’d like to create a shortcut(s) that does 2 basic things:
- When I find an inspirational quote or bible verse I can save it to my database.
- Return a random quote from my database (This shortcut can be called by my daily brief shortcut so that the random quote shows up in my daily brief.)
INSPIRATION: I love these shortcuts:
- Quote of the day: https://routinehub.co/shortcut/1342
- Bible Verse of the Day: https://routinehub.co/shortcut/1350
My problem is finding a suitable database for storing these shortcuts. Here are the candidates I’ve found so far:
- iCloud Drive:
- Cons: iCloud Drive really doesn’t seem designed to hold databases, much less run database functions like queries.
- Pros: DataJar is on-device, secure, fast.
- Cons: DataJar has a UI that is not conducive for efficient large-scale database editing.
- Airtable: This would be my favorite option to use if I can get it to work. I’ve tried AirtableKit and Shortcutify and neither seems to work.
- Pros: Airtable has a great powerful web interface that I am quite familiar with.
- Cons: Airtable has a confusing API and irritating Formula structure.
Has anybody found a simple database solution for Shortcuts?