Database information into text document

Hello everyone

I’m looking for a system in which I can draw information directly from a database to generate a text document. The use case is a small voluntary organisation. I need to create a database of volunteer details and availability to generate a rota - which in turn needs to be turned into a text document that I would circulate.

I guess the most obvious way of doing this is with mail merger in MS Office, but does anyone have any other ideas?

I’m most comfortable with Mac OS, but I’d consider iOS if there is an easier solution there.

Many thanks

Tom

I’d use mail merge, as you suggest, unless the database you’re using has an easy way to generate a template-based text document.

I use Filemaker a fair amount but on the rare occasions I need to produce something that doesn’t look like a database report, I export to csv and do a mail merge (with Nisus but Word would work fine).

Thank you - that’s helpful. I thought that would be the case, but I didn’t want to spend a lot of time on this without running it past someone else.