Controlling Philips Hue with Shortcuts

Ah seem to remember that for. My early days of messing with Homebridge and hue. Thank you!

These look great. However I can’t get the Fade In and Fade Out option to work (ie reading before sleep)

Every other feature seems to work.

Have there been any changes I’m missing?

Thanks for sharing!

Did you ever get this to work? I’m having the same problem on iOS 15

Hi there @fischgeek i know I’m super late to the game but I stumbled across this article for all your Hue shortcuts and I’m so excited about them! I got the GetBridge & GetConfig shortcuts set up with my IP & API token, and all the shortcuts that pull info about the lights and groups are working, but the shortcuts that make a change to the state of the lights are not working. I combined ChooseLight with Hue Toggle, and I do get the correct list of lights to choose from, but when I select one of the toggle options nothing happens. Any idea what might be going on? Is it possible that the API structure has changed since you made these shortcuts?

Wow. Blast form the past here. I don’t know. I haven’t touched these since I discovered Home Assistant.

I did look at it and can’t tell you exactly, but can you place an alert just after the menu selection to see what it’s outputting? That would be my first stop. Also, do the simple ones work? Ones that don’t require another shortcut like on or off?

If you have a Hue hub here is a REST API. On my desk is a Raspberry Pi with a touch screen that uses the API to get to it. Might help.

Somewhere on the web is how to get the various identifiers you need to address the hub and specific devices on it. If I remember correctly - and it’s been a few years - you can interrogate the hub for a list of identifiers for the devices.