Control Plex (iOS) using shortcuts?

I use Plex to play music on my phone while I’m driving. As far as I can tell it doesn’t provide any native shortcut actions for play/pause/playlist etc. Has anyone found a clever way to control it with shortcuts or Siri?

Lots of positive feedback for this on the Plex forums:

2 Likes

This looks amazing. Unfortunately downloading .shortcut files is no longer supported (Apple!!! shakes fist at sky), so I’ll have to hope they make this available again through iCloud.

I think I heard somewhere that this feature is back in iOS14, but I may have misremembered or misheard that.

But in any case, BART by @jim_sauer provides a workaround for this, and lots more besides, all in one tidy package. You can restore individual shortcuts using the Restore One option. It’s certainly my goto for offloading and restoring shortcuts and is how I manage all of my shortcut archives that I store in a GitHub reporistory (the Working Copy file provider is so useful).

1 Like

Download the .shortcut files and use this shortcut to import them to your Library.

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/8c3144c044724fc5a18b4f126ce9bdeb

It was in public beta 1 but has been removed/disappeared again in public beta 2.

1 Like

Anyone that can confirm this still works and would be so kind to share these shortcuts using iCloud?

I cannot get the .shortcuts to import. When I try, it loads an iCloud page that lets me download the .shortcuts again, but never adds them to my shortcuts. Tried on iPhone and Mac.