Change Apple Watch face with Shortcuts, but avoid annoying notifications?

I’ve been using some Shortcuts to change watch faces on my Apple Watch at certain times in the day. It’s really useful to me, but at the same time really annoying to see multiple confirmation notifications from the automations the next time I look at my phone.

I’m wondering if there’s any way to run the timed Shortcuts to change Watch faces, but getting round/avoiding the annoying notifications on my phone?

I have an old phone that I’ve used with Pushcut in the past, but I’m guessing this wouldn’t work for this as that phone isn’t paired with my Apple watch. Would it be possible to run Pushcut on my main phone (that I carry/use all the time) that could run the automations to change Watch faces without showing the notifications?

I’m guessing it’s not possible, but as I have limited knowledge of Pushcut, and haven’t used it that much in the past I thought it was at least worth asking people who know a lot more about it than me :slightly_smiling_face:

I had a similar question when i first started looking into Pushcut.

The Automation Server can only work when the app is running in the foreground, this is not by choice of the developer, but an iOS thing (apps can‘t really do much from the background).

However, if you are a Pushcut subscriber it seems like iOS 15 might have a possible solution up it‘s sleeve for you by using the new focus mode feature:

1 Like

That looks promising, thanks.